There is a lot to be said for handwriting your journal entries.
- It helps you engage more with your writing.
- You can write easily on the move – never forget an inspiring thought again, just keep a notebook and pen with you.
- Following on from above… write anywhere and everywhere.
- There is less temptation to procrastinate.
- Handwriting your entries helps you to focus on the task at hand and
- allows you to develop your thoughts and allows your thoughts to expand and grow without distraction.
Of course, you can do it on a computer and there are some well-reviewed journaling software programs out there, but my experience is that it’s too easy to edit your thoughts on a computer. Handwriting keeps things more spontaneous and honest.